The public computers are made available to patrons of the library for accessing the internet, sending and receiving email, word processing, and other appropriate uses. Users must agree to this computer use policy each time they use the library’s computers.
Computer User Responsibilities
The computer user, whether a patron or a guest, agrees to the following:
- to comply with the Internet Safety Policy of the library;
- to not access or attempt to access sexually explicit internet sites and to immediately report any accidental access of sexually explicit sites;
- to limit computer use to purposes that are legal in the State of Idaho and the United States and to respect and protect the privacy of all persons, companies, and organizations and to obey all copyright laws;
- to accept responsibility for all damages arising from the use of the computers, including protecting the computers from viruses, or other harmful or damaging programs, by downloading only to a removable storage device (jump drive, etc.);
- to not change any settings or configurations on the library computers nor to disable any software;
- to have no more than two persons at a computer;
- to reimburse the library for each printed page at the advertised rate; and
- that violation of this agreement may result in loss of computer privileges for one year and that a second offense will result in permanent loss of internet computer privileges.
The Library’s computers are filtered, but the Library makes no guarantees, implied or otherwise, that inappropriate sites cannot be accessed.